澳门皇冠手机免费网址

外贸英语口语900句系列11调节时差的一天

时间:2018.05.02澳门皇冠手机免费网址:功夫外贸

PARKER: The Goodwins and I arrive in Beijing and settle in comfortably at the Great Wall Hotel. A very modern hotel in the northeastern part of the city. All of us are suffering from jet lag. it may be midnight in Beijing. but back in Vancouver it's only eight in the morning. I haven't yet adjusted to the new time. Li Wei has given us the day off to allow us to catch up on our sleep. Thus I find myself wandering about the hotel half asleep.


(GOODWIN夫妇和我到达北京,办理好了入住舒适的长城酒店的手续,位于北京东部位置的非常现代酒店,大家都受时差影响,现在是北京时间的半夜,但是温哥华是早上八点,我还没适应北京时间,李薇给大家一天时间补觉,这样我半睡半醒地徘徊在酒店周围)


I visited the billiard room and the bar. I order a bottle of Beijing beer and afterwrds visit the small shops in the hotel. I have in mind buying something quite beautiful for my dear wife Mary. I lunch by myself and afterward return to my room and take a long nap.


(我到台球室看看,来到酒吧,要了一瓶北京啤酒。然后到酒店里的很多小店看看,我打算给我的爱妻玛丽买最漂亮的东西。自己吃了午餐 然后回到房间睡个很长的午觉)


At five in the afternoon my telephone rings, It is John Goodwin, who invites me along to his room for a cocktail before we go down to dinner. I shower quickly and go to the Goodwins' room.


(下午5点我的电话响了,是GOODWIN,他邀请我到他的房间喝鸡尾酒,然后去吃晚餐。我快速洗个澡后,来到GOODWIN夫妇为房间)


EMILY:Hello. Sleepy head!


(嗨 瞌睡虫)


PARKER:I don't suppose either of you has slept.


(我想你俩肯定没睡觉)


GOODWIN: I had a hard time getting to sleep, but once I did. I slept all day. Emily tells me you were out prowing around the hotel this morning.


(我很难入睡,但是我一睡着,我就睡了整天。艾米丽告诉我你一大早就在酒店外面溜达)


PARKER: Yes. I -


(是的,我-)


(Knock at the door)


(敲门声)


GOODWIN: Come in.


(请进)


ATTENDENT: Your drinks, sir?


(您的饮料 先生?)


EMILY:Yes. thank you.


(是的,谢谢)


ATTENDENT:Two martinis?


(两杯马丁尼)


GOODWIN:Yes. thanks


(是的)


ATTENDENT:And a bottle of Beijing beer.


(还有一瓶北京啤酒)


PARKER:You're very thoughtful,John.


(JOHN 你想的很周到啊)


GOODWIN:Will you please put it on my account?


(请记入我的房间费用里)


ATTENDENT:Thank you, yes (door closes)


(谢谢,好的)


GOODWIN:Here is to our sucess!


(为大家的成功 干杯!)


EMILY:

PARKER: Our success!(Laughter)


(祝大家成功!)


PARKER:We have a pleasant hour and then go down to the Fan. one of the many restaurants in the hotel. This one specializes in Cantonese food, which of course is the kind of Chinese food we eat at home. The waitresses are all beautifully dressed in long Chinese dresses with the high collar.


(大家愉快地畅饮一会儿,然后下楼到FAN 餐厅,酒店里很多餐厅中的一个,它特色是广东菜,是大家在加拿大常吃的中国菜,服务小姐们都身穿中国高领旗袍)


GOODWIN:We might as well enjoy ourselves, Tomorrow it's back to work.


(大家尽情享受放松自己,明天大家就开始工作了)


EMILY:Do you think it's possible to take a short ride around the city? David and I haven't seen it.


(你认为大家出去稍微走走看看这座城市如何? 大卫和我还没见过北京城呢)


GOODWIN:Sure, You two take a ride right after dinner and I 'll go up to my room and do a little work. I also want to call Vancouver and talk to Goerge about the New York Contract.


(当然,你俩吃完晚餐后去溜达,我得上楼做点工作,我还得打电话温哥华和GOERGE谈谈纽约合同的事情)


EMILY:Work! That's all you think about.


(工作,你就想着工作)


GOODWIN:Only when I'm not thinking about you. dear.


(只有当我不想你的时候,亲爱的)


PARKER:Here comes our waitress.


(服务小姐来了)


WAINTRESS:Have you decided what to order yet?


(你们决定了吃些什么吗?)


GOODWIN:Yes. I think we'll start with hors d'oeuvres.


(是的,大家想大家先来点餐前甜点,)


EMILY: Let's have seafood. what do you recommend?


(大家吃海鲜,你有什么推荐的?)


WAINTRESS:The prawns are very nice. The braised slices of abalone is excellent, too.


(对虾非常好,红烧鲍鱼片也非常不错)


GOODWIN:We'll have both. Emily likes vegetables. What is fresh?


(这两个大家都要,艾米丽喜欢蔬菜,什么是新鲜的?)


Waitress: Spinach. Celery, Bamboo shoots are tasty.


(菠菜,芹菜,玉兰片都很可口)


EMILY. Let's have the bamboo shoots.


(大家要玉兰片吧)


WAINTRESS:Will there be anything else?


(还要别的吗?)


GOODWIN:I think that will do.


(我想这些够了)


WAINTRESS:Thank you.


(谢谢)


PARKER:She's very lovely.


(她很可爱)


GOODWIN: Yes. and so is the retaurant.


(这餐厅也很好)


PARKER: For the first time I really feel like I'm in China。


(第一次我感觉,我开始喜欢在中国了)


DIALOGUE: Jet lag


(对话:时差)


(Telephone rings)


(电话铃响了)


MAN: (Sleep voice) Yes? Hello! That's right. This is 4517.Yes. I did ask to be called at 9:00 o'clock. That's right. Thank you. (Sound of receiver being replaced) Oh dear. The jet lag's realy hit me this time. Feel as though I've only had a few minutes sleep. They're realy efficent in this hotel. It's 9 O'clock precisely. Funny, it's still dark. Better get down to breakfast before it finished.


(刚睡醒的声音)

(喂?嗨! 对的,这是4517房间,是的,我是要九点叫醒的。对的,谢谢。(电话听筒放回去的声音)哦我的天,时差这次真的很严重,感觉我好像刚刚睡了几分钟,这个酒店还真高效,现在9点整,有趣,天还很黑,赶快下楼在早餐结束前吃早餐。)


(In the Restaurant)


(在餐厅)


WAITRESS:Table for one. Sir?


(一个人吗 先生?)


Man: Yes. Please.


(是的)


Waitress:Here we are, sir OK?


(坐这儿吧,好吗先生?)


MAN:Thanks


(谢谢)


WAITRESS:Here's the menu. I'll be back in a moment for your order.


(这是菜单,我一会儿回来为您订餐)


MAN:Right.(to himself) still plenty of people having breakfast. Looks as though they've been up for hours. Let's see what's for beakfast. Funny breakfast menu. Peking Duck? Very  nice but not for breakfast. Sweet and sour port. fried chicken and vegetables. Realy! No toast or eggs. Not even coffee.


(好的, (自言自语)还有这么多人吃早餐,看了他们起床好几个小时了,我看看早餐都有什么。很有趣的早餐菜单,北京烤鸭?非常好但是不适合早餐,糖醋排骨,炸鸡和蔬菜,真的?没有烤面包和鸡蛋,也没有咖啡)


WAITRESS: Ready to order, sir?


(先生,你定好了吗?)


MAN: This is funny menu isn't it?


(你们的菜单真有意思,不是吗?)


WAITRESS:(RATHER OFFENDED) Most of our customers seem satisfied with it, sir.


(有些生气)(大家大多数客人都很满意这个菜单的,先生)


MAN:What about some toast. coffer and fried eggs?


(烤面包,咖啡煎鸡蛋可以吗?)


WAITRESS:I'll see what I can do, sir (Rather puzzled)


(我看看安排一下,先生)(相当不解地)


MAN:I suppose you'll be closing soon.


(我想你们马上就要关门了吧)


WAITRESS: Not until 12, sir.


(直到12点,先生)


MAN:(to himself)Funny time to close. just at luch time


((自言自语)很滑稽的关闭时间,正好是午餐时间)


WAITRESS:Here's your dinner, sir.


(这是您的晚餐, 先生)


MAN: Dinner? This is breakfast.


(晚餐? 这是早餐)


WAITRESS:Breakfast at 10 o'clock in the evening?


(晚上10点钟吃早餐?)


MAN:Oh no! They called me at 9 in the evening instead of 9 in the morning!


(哦,不,他们在晚上九点叫醒了我而不是早上九点)

   
回到顶部 | 联系大家
澳门皇冠手机免费网址   
地址:石家庄市新合作广场 b1 1201   邮箱:87812389@163.com
备案编号:冀ICP备11006606号-18访问量:
XML 地图 | Sitemap 地图