澳门皇冠手机免费网址

外贸英语口语900句系列12神秘人物出现

时间:2018.05.02澳门皇冠手机免费网址:功夫外贸

PARKER:It is the evening of our first day in China. The Goodwins and I spend it by relaxing at the Great Wall Hotel and going to one of the restaurants for supper. It's a beautiful restaurant called the Fan, and we have just ordered our meal. 


I am rather an old-fashioned man myself and have pictured in my mind a country much more traditional than the elegant new surroundings of the hotel. however, at the retaurant I suddenly come to realize that I am in China after all.


(这是大家在中国第一天的晚上,GOODWIN夫妇和我在长城酒店放松,大家来到酒店里的一个餐厅吃晚餐,是个很漂亮的餐厅叫FAN,大家已经点好大家的菜。


我是非常守旧的人,在我的画面里中国应该是非常传统的而不是像大家酒店周围漂亮的新建筑,在餐厅里我突然意识到我确实在中国)


GOODWIN:This retaurant has a traditional design.It represents one China. Tomorrow, when we go to meet Li Wei, you'll see another one. Both of them are China. It's a very complex society, very interesting. in time I'll take you to the Peking Opera, and We'll visit the Great Wall and the Palace Museum... But tomorrow you'll see the new China. This country knows how to drive a hard bargain. David. You'll have to be on your tones.


(这个餐厅是传统的中国式设计,这是中国的一面,明天,大家去见李薇时,你将看到中国的另一面,这就是中国,是个非常复杂的社会,非常有趣,我将带你去看京剧,大家将参观长城和故宫,,,但是明天你将看到新的中国。这个国家知道如何极力讨价还价,大卫,你得留心哦)


PARKER:You're positively frightening,John.


(约翰,你真吓着我了)


GOODWIN:That's why I've brought you with me. David. because I know how good you are in tought situations. I appreciate the way you worked in London. It was because of you that we landed the contract.


(这就是我带你来的原因,大卫,因为我知道你在困难局面下非常优秀,我欣赏你在伦敦的表现,就是因为你大家才拿下那个合同)


PARKER:It's kind of you to say that.


(谢谢 你那么认可我)


GOODWIN: I know you'll be right behind me when I need you. if I fall, I know you'll pick me up, and if I step aside, I  know you'll come forward with facts and figures.


(我知道当我需要你的时候你就会支撑我,如果我失误,我知道你会给我救场,如果我躲到一边,我知道你就会挺身而出用事实和数据说话)


PARKER:You're talking this one very seriously.


(你这么严肃的谈论这个)


GOODWIN:I don't want to go home and face those Board members who told me it was foolish to come in the first place. I know what I'm doing. David. I know we can sign this contract, even though the others have failed, International swimwears, for example.


(我不想回去和面对那些告诉我说到这来是愚蠢的那些懂事,我知道我在做什么,大卫,我知道大家能签下合同,尽管别人失败了,国际泳装就失败了。)


PARKER: The big boys.


(那个大企业)


GOODWIN; The big boys.They went home with empty pockets .But I know what I'm doing. I've done business with Li Wei before; We can understand each other. We know and mutually respect each other. We both want to sign a contract, but both of us know we've go to make some concessions to do it.


(这个大企业,他们是空手而归的,但是我知道我将做什么,我和李薇做个生意,大家能互相理解,大家懂得彼此敬重,大家双方都想达成合同,大家双方都知道彼此让步来达到目的。)


PARKER:John.


(约翰)


GOODWIN: What's the matter?


(怎么了?)


PARKER: Don't turn around Just keep eating.


(别回头,低头吃饭)


EMILY.You look as if you'd seen a ghost. David.


(大卫,你看见鬼了)


PARKER:I have, He just walked into the room. Now he's sitting at the far end of it.


(是的,他刚刚进来,现在坐在最后面)


EMILY. Who it is, David?


(他是谁? 大卫)


PARKER:Sammy Tyler.I though I'd seen him at the airport,But--


(SAMMY TYLER,我想我曾经在机场看到他,但是--)


EMILY:Who's Sammy Tyler?


(谁是SAMMY TYLER?)


GOODWIN:A broker, Emily. We lost a contract in Berlin because of him. He came in at the last moment with an offer from some unknown company in Brazil, And the Germans refused to sign with us.


(一个中间商,艾米丽,大家在柏林就是他让我丢了合同,他最后闯进来拿着巴西的无名企业的报价,这样德国人拒绝和大家签合同)


EMILY. Is he a crook?


(他是个骗子?)


PARKER:No. Maybe a little unscrupulous.


(不是,只是不折手段。)


EMILY. Oh dear! I had hoped this would be a pleasure meal.


(哦我的天,我原以为这是大家愉快的晚餐)


GOODWIN:I'm not afraid of Sammy Tyler. He's not going to spoil my meal.


(我不担忧SAMMY TYLER,他不会影响我的食欲)


PARKER: But whatever to you suppose he's doing here?


(但是无论如何你想想他来这儿干啥?)


GOODWIN: Try to find out tomorrow, will you, David?


(大卫,明天查查 好吗?)


PARKER: I'll try.


(我试试看)


Dialogue:In a Restaurant


(在餐厅)


SARAH: I think we'll start with eggs.


(我想大家先要一些鸡蛋)


WAITER: Sorry, Miss. They're finished.


(对不起,女士,卖完了)


SARAH: Oh dear! Let's have fried rice then.


(哦,那大家来些炒饭吧)


WAITER:Sorry, Miss, That's finished too.


(对不起,女士,也卖完了)


SARAH: I'll have to look at the menu again then. I think we'll have the roast chicken.


(我得再看看菜单了,我想大家要个烤鸡吧)


WAITNER: I'm very sorry. Miss. There's none of that either.


(对不起,女士,也没有了)


SARAH: This is ridiculous! Have you got anything?


(真荒谬,你到底有什么?)


WAINTER: No, Miss. We're closed.


(什么也没有,女士,大家关门了)

   
回到顶部 | 联系大家
澳门皇冠手机免费网址   
地址:石家庄市新合作广场 b1 1201   邮箱:87812389@163.com
备案编号:冀ICP备11006606号-18访问量:
XML 地图 | Sitemap 地图